Thursday, September 19, 2013

Homework 5 Game Engine



    The game we are working on has a scene of a playground that has a few different types of things you would find on a playground; see-saw, slide, swing, and a merry-go-round. In this scene if the player takes a photo of the see-saw a scene of children playing on it will appear. Right now I have the actual see-saw created and have applied various physics and textures. For the most part I have been able to get it to behave how I want. But, the one thing I am missing is why the see-saw will not collide with the plane below it.

I created the see-saw by creating a cube and then scaling it down to represent the legs. I then created a cylinder and scaled it down to be suitable for the pivot bar for the see-saw. I extruded the cylinder out until it passed through both legs. I then did a Boolean modifier of a difference which then created holes in the legs for the pivot bar to fit. I then scaled the bar down some so it would fit in the holes better. I then created a plane and re-sized it to be the correct size for a see-saw board. I then attached it to the pivot bar. For the handles I created a cylinder and sized it down and then duplicated it and turned it 90 degrees and attached it to the original creating a small “T-handle”. 

I added textures and used the Logic Editor to add keyboard actions to make the see-saw move up and down as well as have a block appear and fall from the sky.

Below is a render of the see-saw.




Here is a brief video of the see-saw moving as well as a cube appearing out of the sky. You can see what I was referring to about the see-saw not colliding with the plane.

  
Thanks for stopping by.
Jody





No comments:

Post a Comment